Wednesday, May 25, 2011

tomorrow!

We leave in the morning!! This is going to be so fun. ; ) I really hope I'm not forgetting anything. I've spent most of the day packing, and doing laundry. Lots of laundry. The dogs are going to be so lonely while were gone. I'm going to miss them!! ; (

Again lastnight, the tornado sirens were going off, so we threw some blankets on the bathroom floor (the safest spot in our house) and sat in there for a few minutes. We got a lot of rain, wind, thunder and lightning, like usual but the worst of the storm must have gone around us. Hearing about all these tornadoes that are destroying people homes and cities, it's so sad. We need to be praying for these people! I always find my life so hooked, and latched on to earthly things and that seems to be all I think and live for. The Bible says that this life on earth is only a like a vapor compared to our whole life in eternity. And if you have accepted Jesus in your life then you will spend that eternity with Christ! How incredible is that? I am definitely a procrastinator. Not only with my everyday things, but with life. I seem to put things off, the things that are actually important, the things that will build up treasures in Heaven and not the things on earth that mean nothing and that will not go with me. Christ could return any day, and any moment He chooses. : ) It just amazes me that I may not even finish writing this blog post. I could be in Heaven with Christ in any moment. God must have a purpose for me to be here on this earth, and for each of us, but I'm looking forward to being in Heaven with God forever and all these earthly temptations, worries, fears, stress, pain, sickness, disasters will all be gone. I'm a very fearful person and I worry about everything and I'm scared of a lot of things. (: ))
I know that God is always with me here on earth too, but just trying to imagine being in Heaven with Him forever and knowing that there is nothing that can harm me and that Satan no longer has any control over me, it's just over whelming! : ) Well, just some things I've been thinking about recently..please share your thoughts! I love receiving comments. ; ) I hope your having a great week. : )

-Eliza

3 comments:

  1. Hmm yes, these are good thoughts. In one sense it's frightening and in another it's so incredibly exciting that Jesus could come back for us any minute. =) And being in heaven forever..and ever..and EVER--it's something I have a hard time wrapping my brain around, it's just so amazing!

    In response to your comment on my blog [which, by the way, was super sweet and made me happy], yes, I played Amy in our production. =) It was so much fun to be the little brat. ;P

    <3 in Christ,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a great attitude! I"m so glad you are staying safe from the storms...it's so horrible, I grew up in the midwest and i haven't seen anything so bad! have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I am scared and worried; I then like to read Matthew 6, 24-34. Somebody once told me that fear for earthly things is actually a lack of faith in our Father; since He takes care of us and watches over us :) We should try to trust Him.

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete

comments make a day even better.